The idea of detoxing our bodies have been very popular in last few years. It is a sure way how to maintain our Well being and many people are now aware of the benefits that a detox can provide to maintain our over all balance.
We are beings with 3 aspects – BODY, MIND AND SPIRIT. So there is also 3 levels of any detox we choose to go through to maintain our overall balance whether we are consciously aware of it or not.
Each of these detoxes will magnify the effects of the other two. That is a powerful awareness to have. As we do so, we are truly weeding out our garden – DETOXING our body, our thoughts and our emotions.
One of the easiest way to jump-start the mind and spirit detox is to exercise our ability to forgive.
The act of FORGIVENESS releases a lot of energy blocks, therefore can really lighten your spirit and you would be very surprised about how much it actually reinforces your body to let go of those few extra you may be holding on to.
Forgiveness and weight-loss
Fat can actually represent our tendency or a habit to protect our selves all the time and also the fact that we may be over sensitive to the way people around are treating us.
Did you ever think about weight-loss this way?
The more we hold on to the hurtful experiences of our past in effort to protect our selves from experiencing them again, the more our energy and emotional body reflects this behavior. This energy and emotional state is then being reflected through our physical body, sometimes in a form of few extra pounds we just can’t get rid of.
Self help practitioner Louise Hay has written many books on the connection between mind, body and spirit and the ways in which specific illnesses and disease can develop by way of negative attitudes, thoughts and emotions. This theory places responsibility of health in the hands of each person, no blame involved.
Forgive AND Forget
Forgiveness and positive self talk and affirmations all serve as exercises to improve and maintain optimal health of mind, body and spirit.
In my coaching practice I have witnessed some of my clients to loose weight spontaneously after going through energy cleansing process – exercises involving forgiveness. So if you have been recycling the thoughts that represent the pain and regrets of the past, maybe its time to let these experiences, people and thoughts go.
The quote below represents the the main reason why it is so beneficial to consider detoxing our ways of thinking in each moment. Doing the master cleanse involves a few routines and I would like to recommend adding a little Emotional Detox Routine to take your cleanse to the next level.
“Every thought we think is creating our future” – Louise L. Hay
First I recommend making a short list. I suggest taking 15 -20 minutes and go searching in your memory for people to forgive and negative experiences to release representing your past. Be honest with your self in this process and for start pick 3-5 people or experiences that involve you forgiving another person or even your self. Here are 2 effective techniques to release energy blocks through Forgiveness.
1. Simple energy clearing technique.
Here is the process:
- Pick a time and peaceful, private place that allows you to focus and start with a few minutes of just breathing, centering your self and connecting to your own body, mind and spirit. Ones you feel grounded, visualize the person or the experience from your past that you would like to release with the act of Forgiveness. The goals is to re-live it and emotionally connect with the experience again.
- If it does involve another person, imagine this person sitting across from you and talk to them. This may sound little strange, but just remember that we are all connected on many levels (as we know that all in this universe is just energy). Explain to this person how they made you feel in the past and go all out. Scream if you need to, cry, LET IT ALL HABG OUT one last time. Don’t be afraid to tap into your emotions.
- After you have exhausted the topic and there is nothing else to say, make a conscious decision to forgive the other person and your self if that is necessary (for example for making a choice that you are not very proud of now that was apart of that negative experience….or for allowing this person to hurt you…) and let the past drift away for good.
Test the results of your clearing exercise
The way to test if you really have let it go is easy. Try to hug the other person in your mind and feel understanding and respect for both of you now or just relief when you visualize this. If it’s quite easy to do, the job has been done. You can breathe now for a few more minutes and you may literally feel lighter right away.
If you cringe while having the thought of hugging this person, there is still work to do. Go dogging little deeper to find out what is still really upsetting you.
LITTLE TIP: Acceptance is a great place to start. By accepting the other person for who they truly are (not trying to change them anymore or waiting for them to do something that you know is not really in their nature) and making peace with your past -the good and the bad included will allow you to claim your power back to re-focus and move on.
I guarantee you that this works!
Important note! : Please drink lots of water before doing this exercise as well as after and allow your self to rest when you are done if you feel you need to. Also, take it easy, one person/past experience at the time. I recommend one of these clearing exercises every couple of days to make sure that your body, mind and spirit have enough time to re-adjust.
2. EFT : Emotional Freedom Technique aka Tapping.
Here is a video that demonstrates this process. This technique is simple, easy to apply and when done well and consistently, it is very effective.
Brad Yates is internationally known for his creative and often humorous use of Emotional Freedom Techniques. I absolutely love this guy and all his videos! I highly recommend to check out his website and his practice. He is amazing!